Wednesday, September 23, 2015

There's a Story In This Picture

I am a cage.
I peer inside myself and see many birds.
I look outward and I see a boy.
He's looks like a circus performer,
a great acrobat,
he is holding a magpie
and looking at cats.

I am a cat.
I look 'round and see,
in a line,
my furry,
fuzzy,
fellow felines.
They are watching intently
to see what he'll do,
the small winged man
who is all white and blue.
Attached is a cord wound about his foot,
upwards, a boy,
silent he stood.

I am a magpie.
I used to fly free.
But now I am captured and tied to a leash.
This boy seems so lonely,
he used to feel better,
but that was before I stole all of his letters.

So this poem has ended,
the tales have been told.
But there's a story for every picture, no matter how old.

No comments:

Post a Comment