Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ben the Beekeeper comes to LSV!




Well... I just did some experimenting with technology, and here's what I learned how to do today:  I uploaded this video from my phone to The Little School's YouTube Channel.  Then from YouTube, I embedded this video here for you all to see!

Ben came today, with his wife's pink bee suit for Koya, and an extra jacket for Xavier.  Xavier also donned pants from the dress up closet, and Ben duct taped gloves around his ankles so the bees wouldn't fly up his pants!

The rest of us watched from a safe distance outside, or inside behind screened windows.  I wish I could really tell you how it smelled.  It drifted inside and enveloped us in sweetness. Inhaling deeply, I could have stayed there for days...

I am happy to report that no one was stung.  Not even Adrian when he helped to cover the bowl of fresh comb and honey (and about a dozen bees!) that Ben was generous enough to set aside for us.

In a little while, we will open our fridge, pick off the cold immobile bees, and we will eat fresh honey.

3 comments:

  1. The cold lifeless bodies of innocent bees :( Poor bees, but I bet the honey is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant that the honey WAS delicious. I should know, I tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will honor their brave sacrifice by truly enjoying our honey!

    ReplyDelete