Thursday, April 9, 2015

Wings

To have wings, to sail through the clouds, what a gift! The birds are lucky, the butterflies are free. They soar on graceful wings, gently fluttering on the breeze.

But I am more like a flying fish. It seems like they playfully glide, but really? They are leaping out of their watery world just to catch a breath of air. They dream to fly! But then they realize they have fins. They cannot fly, even if they wanted to (and believe me, they do).

But there is always HOPE. What stops a dream from becoming real? Whatever it is those fish will catch it. And when they do, they will FLY!


9 comments:

  1. Wow- you used some really cool imagery in this piece. I hope you continue writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great analogy - I can't wait to see YOU fly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope is what keeps our wings alive. Nice approach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope is what keeps our wings alive. Nice approach

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments! I really enjoy writing, so it means a lot to me to know you all like what I write!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inspiring indeed. I wish I could fly.

    ReplyDelete