Friday, April 17, 2015

Flower

I am hiding.
I don't want to go outside.
I am alone.
My only friends are worms.
I drink sweet warmth on sunny days,
I feel cool earth beneath my feet,
and still....I am not happy.

I am done being curled up!
Why should I stay inside?
I won't!
The air is warming up!
I strech and yawn.  
I breath for the first time.
I choke on the fresh air.
I am small, this world is big.
The air is still too cold to bare,
I wrap myself in leaves long gone,
and wait 'till Winter's end.

I am taller,
I have grown.
I have left my leafy home.
The air is warm the sun is bright!
My face can feel the sunny light!

I am all grown up.
I am big 
and I am strong.
I reach my arms up to the fading sun.
The time is right,
the seeds are sown.

Now, 'tis Autumn.
Time to rest.

The Winter's cold,
and I am frail.
I won't last another day.
My child leaves my legacy.

I won't last another hour.
This is my story.
I am a Flower.













8 comments:

  1. This poem has a wonderful structure, a very inviting work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should 100% become an Of Monsters and Men song. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great poetry about a flower growing up and surviving the seasons it's supposed to. Very descriptive and wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh...to be a flower. This poem was so descriptive that I actually had the sensation of being the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...to be a flower. This poem was so descriptive that I actually had the sensation of being the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing talent, Ahna! I enjoy seeing your creativity blossom (no pun intended) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You create beautiful poetry with your rich vocabulary, skillful writing and vivid imagination. I am awestruck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahna, I always wait 'till the end of the post to see who posted it, but by the way it was written, I could tell it was you. Nice job. I love it. Especially when you said "I am taller,
    I have grown.
    I have left my leafy home." That's what got my attention the most in this poem.
    - Julia

    ReplyDelete