Monday, May 11, 2015

An Evening Full of Flowers

It doesn't get much better-
Flowers on a warm spring evening,
when the sun shines down on your face,
and makes you want to live for ever.

Against the diamond blue sky,
When purple lilacs bloom like balloons hanging from a bush,
pick one-just one- hanging above your head.
Then make a wish.

There is so much to ask for-
a hundred little blossoms,
one small gem,
or a friend to chat with. 

Yet all you’ll wish for
is another spring day,
 just like this one 
and one more evening full of flowers.

Image result for flowers and a sunset



11 comments:

  1. Kayden, you have inspired me to pick the purple lilacs from our front yard. Smelling them now, making a wish, and feeling grateful. I'll put these lilacs in honey to infuse for 6 weeks...and in 6 weeks, we'll have lilac honey. Perhaps we will gather together for tea, lilac honey and poetry! Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we pick flowers and wish together? Beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayden, I'm so pleased to know you have thoughts of this nature. What a beautiful poem. I'm so proud of you. You bring back memories of when I was your age, a young girl questioning everything...my face in clover looking for that 4 leaf, thinking this is forever. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayden,
    This is an incredible poem. You are quite the writer. Looking forward to more of your eloquent words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This poem is beautiful. It has great imagery and it makes me want to go out to have "one more evening full of flowers" :3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I wish my day was like that. I can imagine the beauty of that day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I wish my day was like that. I can imagine the beauty of that day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best poem ever I would like a day like that.

    ReplyDelete